Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I hope some one can help with this every nasty spyware I pick up some how.
When I am viewing most webpage a large amount of the text is under lined for a link to a differing webpage. If I click on the link it open an new IE windows go’s to this site (www.connection-internet.com ) them jump’s to a differing one always trying to sell me thing.

I have AVG install and run a full system scan and found nothing at all.
I have Spyware Doctor install I run a scan and it found a lot of infection but say it and removed them all, but I still have the problem. I then ran another spyware Doctor scan it found more. I work out that as long I do not open IE I do not get any more spyware. I tried opening a page to www.bbc.co.uk and only that page and still got over 30 infections.

I have run Microsoft antispyware software as well as Ad- aware Se no of these has helped. I all ways update my spyware before running it and only have no of them running at one time.

I run a windows XP home with SP2 pc which is always fully up to date.

·
Manager, The Conversation Pit/Analyst, Security Te
14,513 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF!!!!

Download CWShredder and run it. Click on 'I Agree' button if you agree with it. Click on 'Fix' (it will automatically fix anything it finds for you) and OK. If it asks if you want to delete a certain random file, choose No and post that filename here. Let it finish the scan and then hit Next and Exit.

Download and install Spybot S&D. Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the Fix Selected Problems button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix and install it over the current Spybot installation.

Please download Ad-aware SE and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go here to get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Download ewido security suite from here… http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

Update it’s database from here.. http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/
Run a scan and let it clean the PC.

Save the log and post it here.

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. The result.txt file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it here. We do not need the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there are the files you have asked for.

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 08:00:57, 15/10/2005
+ Report-Checksum: AEA10A25

+ Scan result:

No infected objects found.

::Report End

====================================================================
Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on 9/28/05
Get updates at http://www.greyknight17.com/download.htm#programs

***Security Programs Detected***

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 08:06:25, on 15/10/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Razer\razerhid.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG311TSU\Utility\Gear311T.exe
C:\Program Files\Wireless Device\Wireless Keyboard\Versato.exe
C:\Program Files\Razer\razerofa.exe
C:\Program Files\Wireless Device\Wireless Keyboard\OSD.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.bbc.co.uk/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [razer] C:\Program Files\Razer\razerhid.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AS00_Gear311T] C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG311TSU\Utility\Gear311T.exe -hide
O4 - Global Startup: Enable Wireless Keyboard Driver.lnk = C:\Program Files\Wireless Device\Wireless Keyboard\Versato.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\msvrl.dll
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_44.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1120758725343
O16 - DPF: {FAFF0003-0A01-121A-A1C9-08032B23E0CC} - http://uk.global-acces.com/seed/nat3.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{6FD23F00-4A40-4C82-A0D0-DCD0A041AF71}: NameServer = 212.23.8.1,212.23.3.1
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A46990DA-3ED9-4115-A8C1-6085E5D7548D}: NameServer = 212.23.8.1,212.23.3.1
O23 - Service: Extended search and definition (Connexion to the dictionnary) - Friend ® - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Weather.exe

End of KRC HijackThis Analyzer Log.
====================================================================

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
42,836 Posts
Hello dbtkenny,

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad since you will not have any of browsers open while you are fixing this.

Download LSPFix Do not run it yet.

Download CleanUp! (Alternate Link if main link doesn't work) and install it. Do not run it yet.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

Run LSPFix..put a tick in "I know what I'm doing...
In the left column HIGHLIGHT any instance of msvrl.dll
Click the right pointing arrow and ADD to the REMOVE column
Scroll down and click Finish

1. Go to Start > Run and type in services.msc then click OK
2. Click the Extended tab.
3. Scroll down until you find the service.
===> Extended search and definition (Connexion to the dictionnary)
4. Click once on the service to highlight it.
5. Click Stop
6. Right-Click on the service.
7. Click on 'Properties'
8. Select the 'General' tab
9. Click the Arrow-down tab on the right-hand side on the 'Start-up Type' box
10. From the drop-down menu, click on 'Disabled'
11. Click the 'Apply' tab, then click 'OK'

Open HijackThis>Config>Misc Tools>Delete an NT Service
*now copy/paste the following entry in the box and click OK:

Connexion to the dictionnary

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

O16 - DPF: {FAFF0003-0A01-121A-A1C9-08032B23E0CC} - http://uk.global-acces.com/seed/nat3.exe
O23 - Service: Extended search and definition (Connexion to the dictionnary) - Friend ® - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Weather.exe

Delete the following files if they still exist:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Weather.exe
c:\windows\system32\msvrl.dll

CleanUp! deletes EVERYTHING out of your temp/temporary folders, it does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any Temporary Folders, please make a backup of these before running CleanUp!.If you have a 64 bit Operating System do NOT run Cleanup and let me know as we will use another utility

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu). Set the program up as follows:
*Click "Options..."
*Move the arrow down to "Standard CleanUp!"
*Uncheck the following:
-Delete Newsgroup cache
-Delete Newsgroup Subscriptions
-Scan local drives for temporary files
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. Reboot/logoff when prompted.

Perform an online scan using Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan - requires Internet Explorer
  1. Click on the Scan your PC button & a 'pop up' window shall appear. * ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
  2. Click On 'Scan Now'
  3. Enter your e-mail address & click 'Scan Now' ...begins downloading Panda's ActiveX controls.- 8MB
  4. Begin the scan by selecting My Computer
    * You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.
  5. If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report. Click on see report
  6. Then click Save report
  7. Post the contents of the report in your next reply along with a new HijackThis log.
* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
42,836 Posts
Hi,

I'm glad you're happy with your computer again :smile: , but please run the online scan at Panda and post the results here along with a new HijackThis log so we can be certain nothing else is lurking here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.