Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
Im a newbie to this site and am havin some probs at home. I keep getting the above error popping up and then my pc just freezes. Its automatically shutting itself down too and when i does run it runs like a dog. :4-dontkno

Anyone know anythin about the WTSTRACT.EXE error and how to fix it??
Any info would be appreciated. :cool:

Cheers
Sarah :sayyes:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If it pops up when you start your computer, then disable it from your system startup by going to Start, Run, and type MSCONFIG. Click the Startup tab, and see if you can find a line in there that refers to that program, then uncheck it and reboot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Reso. thanx for that but its not on startup that i get the message it is when i log out of my broadband connection. Soz forgot to say :sayyes:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It's possible you could have a virus or spyware infecting your system. Perhaps the application is doing something online when you disconnect from the Internet (??)

In any case, download HijackThis. Unzip the file, run the program (it won't take but a few seconds), and save the log file. Copy and paste that log file (along with a description of your problem) into a new thread in the HijackThis Log Help Forum. The analysts there will comb through the log file to check for any infections and they will provide you steps to help clean your system, and hopefully get it running properly again.

·
1,438 Posts
Given that a google search for WTSTRACT.EXE links only to this thread on the entire internet; I second that opinion. It is not normal and you should follow the five steps link in my sig and post your hijackthis log on the hijackthis board for identification and removal instructions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.