Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've recently upgraded my monitor to a 20in Dell E207WFP LCD monitor. My graphics card (Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express chipset) does not support the native screen resolution of 1680 x 1050 so I've set it up to work at 1400 x 1050.

This works ok but the aspect ratio is not quite right so graphics look a bit squashed. Within the driver for the graphics card there is an option "Maintain Aspect Ratio" which I have checked but this doesn't seem to make any difference. The display still takes up the full screen size.

Does anyone know how I can force the monitor to use the correct aspect ratio or of any software "graphics card" which can patch the hardware?

Regards,
Lance

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hi,

I've recently upgraded my monitor to a 20in Dell E207WFP LCD monitor. My graphics card (Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express chipset) does not support the native screen resolution of 1680 x 1050 so I've set it up to work at 1400 x 1050.

This works ok but the aspect ratio is not quite right so graphics look a bit squashed. Within the driver for the graphics card there is an option "Maintain Aspect Ratio" which I have checked but this doesn't seem to make any difference. The display still takes up the full screen size.

Does anyone know how I can force the monitor to use the correct aspect ratio or of any software "graphics card" which can patch the hardware?

Regards,
Lance
have you tried resizing the screen? using tools at the bottom of monitor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I've changed the resolution to 1280 x 768 which gives a ratio of 1.666.
This isn't too far different from 1680 x 1050 ratio of 1.6 and seems to display the images ok.

Thanks for your help.

Lance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.