Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bandit: ive been writing and burning at different speeds like 8x 12x and now i can write and burn at 40x now the question is does it make a difference in music cdr's or just digital cdr's?

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Yeah faster you burn a CD more errors you will get. I burn mine
at 4x Some kid I work with said every time he burns a music CD.
At 12x he said theres hissing noise at begaining of every song.
And I said, stop burning CD's to fast. And my brother friend looked at my CD-R RECORDER, And said his is better cuz its faster. And I said what kind do you have. He said IO MAGIC 12x8x40x and I said you have a cheap drive. And I told him about
burning CD's to fast you get errors. But he did not believe me
and I said I have a better drive its a ACER and I get no errors
2 weeks later. I asked him about how his drive is doing, he got
mad and said it died. I laughed so hard, And I said told you so.
I had my drive for 2 years and its still kicking...

·
Registered
96 Posts
What do you do if your drive died? I'm having trouble with my burner. Its top speed is 4x, and I think I have been burning with the 4x speed. Would this make my drive zonked? For the last 2 weeks I have had 7 unsuccessful burns and needless to say, have 7 unusable cds as the trophies.

How can I burn at a lower speed? I looked but could not find the option anywhere.

My burner is Sony CD-RW CRX100E, 4x 600 kb/sec.

If my drive burnt, can I re-install it? (Don't laugh, I'm trying to keep the dough in my pocket as long as I can.)

Thanks for any input.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I'm not sure where the idea that burning CD's at higher speeds will affect the data, but that's generally not the case. The data is ECC corrected, so unless you really have a bad image, you won't notice any difference. I've burned data CD's at 24x (fastest speed I have), and they're error free. There is no reason that music CD's would burn any different, and I can't see any issues with the 50+ music CD's I've also cooked at the high speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.