Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so earlier today i was adding a friends laptop hd to my desktop as a slave drive in an attempt to rescue some files off of it, it worked, however there was an install of some toshiba drivers for the drive, and now, my original drive wont boot, it gets to right before the welcome screen and then "bad_pool_caller" 0x000000c2, 0x00000043, 0xc70ae000, 0x00000000,0x000000 so, after doing a bit of research, i found out this is when drivers conflict and try to free memory thats already been freed? I did a mem check too just to be sure. I cant even boot into safe mode as it does the same thing, I can get into the recovery console but im not sure what to do there, i was thinking about trying to delete whatever driver was installed through the cmd line, but i cant find it and i doubt it would work anyways. THen i got serious, and got out ERD Commander 2005, which loads fine off of its cd but when ever i try to go to its restore feature, which is supposed to grab restore points off the drive w/o being booted, BAM same blue screen which i thought was odd since its running of a boot cd and windows isnt really loaded, and then whenever i try to do any other options same thing, crash anyalzer, driver manager, any of them, blue screen crash. I got out another drive, put the crashing drive as slave, and booted from the other, which works, i can boot and browse the crashing drive, but im not really sure what to do from there. So then with both drives in, in the semi working configuration, i launched ERD Commander again from the boot cd, i pick the bad installation, and still whenver i try to use any of its options, blue screen, im about to go nuts, i want to solve this problem without reformatting, its (atleast i believe) just one driver thats doing this, and im gonna get that little bast&$d if its the last thing i do. Thanks alot to anyone who can provide any help!
Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.