Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the exact same problem a few years ago and solved it myself. First, you need to get rid of the food sources, that is anything in a paper or cardboard container plus anything in an old or thin ziplock bag. The moths will lay their eggs near a food source and the worms will eat through paper, cardboard and thin plastic. Second, I found that the easiest way to eliminate the living moths and worms was to make a few passes every day with a vacuum cleaner. The worms are easy to vacuum up. With the moths you kind of have to sneak up on them if they are moving (flying) a lot. If this isn't working, you just haven't gotten rid of all their food. Keep at it until they are all gone. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Cereals and flour can come with eggs in them, health authorities allow for so many per pound/kilogram.
If you keep these products for a long period especially in warmer climates you can be guaranteed hatching some.
Flour can be sifted every so often.
I've kept bran and wheatgerm in the refrigerator to minimise this.

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,152 Posts
You could also start storing those foods in sealed containers.
Yep, a sealed container keeps out bugs, ice, dogs and birds
I live at the edge of a small town in the woods, your wouldn't believe what I have seen creeping, crawling and flying trying to get in my house

·
Global Moderator
51,344 Posts
Yep, a sealed container keeps out bugs, ice, dogs and birds
I would think that ice can get in whenever the container gets too cold, sealing it ain't gonna' help that! :D

·
Global Moderator
51,344 Posts
Well, that's not the only thing that might be stored in a sealed container, right? :D

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,152 Posts
My wife keeps all the non refrigerated food in a sealed container

·
Global Moderator
51,344 Posts
My wife keeps all the non refrigerated food in a sealed container
I'm just having fun with you, I see the practicability of the storage.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thx all, I found lots of info on google on " Pantry Moth " and following those. I have had bought 2 Blue color Lanterns ( mainly meant for Mosquitos and may be other flying bugs, ) but had no help for any attraction and killing,..

Would like to close this thread, pl. advise, how to . Thx.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.