Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Worms and insects in my Home,….

My house has lots of these kind of insects, ( below picture ) ( generally they are found in Macaroni boxes and/or Oatmeal begs or the wheat flour begs around,… ) are found sitting on ceiling/wall. They lay white worms which creeps and then they convert to this kind of triangular, a little bigger size of insects, and can fly, are color of a tree trunk.
I asked Raid company for the solution, and the secretarial staff sitting there have no knowledge of kind of insects v/s the sprays, that they are making.

Can anyone advise me, what these insects are and how to get rid of it. So far I am whipping / zapping with a electric swapper rackets but they are many and seen every hours every where. I need easy solution and don’t wanna hire expensive professional services.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, but,..... can't afford professional service for this tiny work,....... also, all foods are in tight thick, air tights,.. ziploc begs / containers and nothing loose any foods,.. Just wondered if anyone knew any perfect Bugs spray / vinegar - baking soda - detergent- Ajax - Comet - Clorox,..sorta perfect solution or any particular red/blue light transmitting particular lantern attraction for bugs,.. etc. Just needing any expertis eopinion who deals with Bugs type and its nature, attraction - repelltation,.. etc

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,608 Posts
All the answers have come from knowledgeable folks. You're not going to solve this with home remedies. Most importantly, a pro will produce a barrier outside your home and if you get regular service, you'll hardly ever need anything done inside after this problem is solved.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,854 Posts
"Tiny work"?! According to the pictures you've posted the places is infested. The only free solution that comes to mind and will get rid of all of them is to burn the place down.

·
Global Moderator
51,344 Posts
Thanks all, but,..... can't afford professional service for this tiny work,
Sorry, but for this kind of infestation, IMO you can't afford NOT to call a professional!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What I meant was,.... these pics were collected over a few days, just to show n' capture them,..
also, in winter, all disappears and cycle ends,..I guess,.....
I don't run a/c, hence windows are not that bug-tight anyway,.... due to screens being open and hence, am used to with other little minor flies, seasonally in mid-summer months, every year.
btw,... I am in US, east coast, so you know the building type n' construction.. Vinyl and brick in front.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,608 Posts
In the winter they don't go away. They hide, then multiply.

·
8,854 Posts
Come on man. Insects must find food, or die trying. If you have food that they have easy access to, like simply flying through an open window with no screen, guess what, you are going to have bugs.

The first step would be to buy some window screen and necessary tools (or even some duct tape) at your nearest Home Depot, Lowe's, etc., and then get busy closing up the open holes that the bugs are getting through.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^ My all doors and windows have screens and during all 8 around winter months , I also put on both the glass layers to each windows/doors,...

I guess,... these are food generated Moths, from Marconi, Flour, oatmeal.. etc and it does not matter even the stuff is in thick plastic tight begs or ziploc begs they still gets generated inside.

I guess, I found in google , after one gentleman here mentioned it as " Pantry Moth" a keyword. I am reading and following as Google is the best friend. I also pity on those RAID and such spray bottle makers big business staffs, who just cant guide you properly about their products nor they know which bug is called what and what medicine they have in stock ! Uh !

how to control pantry moth? - Google Search

·
8,854 Posts
Then start by doing the three things listed at the bottom of your screenshot, and then continue by click the more items link on Google.

BTW (by the way), food does not magically create insects. Only insects can create more insects.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You mentioned macaroni boxes, Oatmeal bags, and wheat flour bags.
Paper and cardboard will not keep out pantry moths. Move your food into glass or plastic food storage containers, not plastic bags.
Use pheromone traps to eliminate the moths.
Sterilize all surfaces where you have seen the larvae.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Weevils, a typical grain bug, dont waste time on an exterminator, just get rid of the infected grains/rice wheat breadcrumbs etc, clean out ie wash the containers and when you empty your pantry spray a domestic inecticide in ther wait a short while then put stuff back in. I am a pest inspector by profession.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.