Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would be of some help and delete the worm_badtrans virus from my sisters computer and instead of disinfecting the virus ( I used Bullguard) I ended up deleting the files it was attached too. It ended up erasing the start up files for her computer so I had to use a reboot disk to get back her start up files. Now the computer works really fast except for one minor thing. It did something to her dsl modem because when I try to get on line a pop up window appears saying no file can be found and it doesn't let me type in her user name and password in the conection box. She has Verizon as a dsl company.
Anyone have an idea how I can fix this?
Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem we have now is that I was visiting her out of state and now I'm home. Her computer knowledge is limited to turning it on and off. The computer is an Emachine with win/98 2nd addition. Before I deleted the virus it took 15 minutes to reboot the computer. I know the virus is gone now. I am thinking that maybe it was a drive that I deleted that will not let her sign in to get on line. I may have her call Verizin and tell them she can't get on line and maybe they can walk her through it.
Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.