Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running XP SP2 on an AMD dual core which I use as a music production computer so I have never and will never use it to connect to the net, but recently I've started getting the "No connection to the internet is currently available.......Work Offline or Try Again" message and it's really doing my head in.

What could be causing this and how can I stop this happening?
I have pretty much zero knowlege of Firewall or The Process Monitor

Please can someone help me I will be forever greatful

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
during my search i've been told that it may be a program trying to connect to the net for legit reasons ie; to update.. can somebody tell me how i can find out which program is doing this? please help me this message is a major pain when recording

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Do you have an antivirus software. My antivirus software accesses the internet every 3 hours to download virus definitions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah if you mean automatic updates I do, I've got no Adobe software either, it's becoming a real problem and last night I installed some other anti-spyware and avg 8 software and my system stil came up clean (I couldn't update though) is there a way to track whats trying to connect so i can turn off the update option or even uninstall it???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure exactly but I don't think so.. I only use Cubase SX3, Wavelab 5, Nero 7.5, T-Racks and a bunch of VST plugins.
The problem happened on my system which I'd had no problems with so I rebooted and it happened again pretty much as soon as I rebooted before I'd even installed anything

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll have to forgive me I'm pretty Cave-Man when it comes to anything to do with the net or Firewalls etc... But if anyone needs any Computer Music tips or help setting up a PC for Music Production etc I'd gladly lend a hand

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks I've just installed and run it.. I didn't find anything with the word update in it, but I did find some strange programs and disabled them, now i just wait to see if i stil get the message... fingers crossed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well....It's still there! Thanks for the link tho.
How do I rid my life of this horrid message??????????????????

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
still getting the message, can anyone tell me whether it could be a file or folder giving me this message or can it only be a program on my c drive?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.