Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a very weird problem.
One of my customers is making invoices in Word (OK, I know, it's not the best program to make invoices, but it wasn't my decision).
To create a new invoice, he opens an old one, and writes the new data into the document.

The invoice document is containing and Spreadsheet Object of one or another type. He can change the document as much as he wants, and print it to any printer, nothing strange is happening. But when he opens the same document on another computer, something very mystical happens:
The document seems to be normal. Even the contents of the Spreadsheet Object seems to be normal. When viewing the Print Preview, everything is alright. But when printing the document, the text from the spreadsheet is different! It's just a completely other spreadsheet.

I really don't know why!

The document has been created and edited in Word 2003, but the same problem occurs in Word 2007. My customer is running XP, I am running Vista.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It sounds like the drivers for the PC with the other printer attached need updating. Printers will print jargon if the drivers are in the wrong. The driver is what makes the software interact with the Hardware correctly. Having the wrong drivers is like havin a spider on drugs :L :)

·
Moderator , Microsoft Support, MS Office Pro
2,540 Posts
Hi Sovetryne,

Your problem description suggests the embedded spreadhseet may actually be linked to an external Excel workbook, and Word's reading from a different workbook on the other computers - as one might expect if the intended one isn't present. It is quite unusual, though for Word to be able to resolve such links if there's anything different about the workbook's path or filename.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.