Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have OfficeXp (2002) and when I open Word, I get a message advising "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (G:\)" and when I click cancel the message disappears and immediately reappears. If I click cancel a second time, the message disappears for good and I am able to use Word.
When I close Word and launch Word again, the same thing happens and as best as I can tell, I don't even have a Removable"G" Disk.
Any help in fixing this glitch would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JHPC, any idea WGAT registry key it may be and/or how to identify it? When I locate the registry key, I assume I would use Regedit to delete it.
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again JMPC, WHAT am I looking for in RegEdit?
I found an Office folder that contained an "Outlook" subfolder which had 2 sub-sub-folders, Mskoladd.MskOLAddin and Search "Outlook Toolbar" but there was another folderin Office titled OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform that contains about 25 subfolders. I did a search (find) on Removable Disk (G:\, (G:\) and Disk and did not find anything that referred to Microsoft Office. I am in a little over my head JMPC, what should I be looking for?
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed one more thing that I hope might help, when I click on Tools--->Templates and Add-Ons, the same Removable G:\ Drive message appears so (my guess is) it probably is being caused by an Template and/or Add-On that somehow are in the wrong location.
Hope this helps you to help me.
Bob

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
I know some versions of office would allow you to perform the install in a way that extra things would be retrieved from the install media rather from the hard drive. This was done to save space. Somewhere in the install info or configuration there must be a reference to this. I don't have office XP to test with but it may be possible to change the installation to exclude additional template or graphics or maybe install them on the HD to keep it from looking for the disc each time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi JMPC, I'm back with some more information that may help you shed a light on what's going on. I noticed that My Computer LISTS a "G" Drive (see attachment) although NO "G" Drive shows up in Disk Management and when I click on the G"G icon on My computer, I am advised that the device is NOT available. Can you offer any additional help to this "puzzle"? Thanks, Bob

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.