Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i bought a computer from i buypower a few months ago and ever since i recieved the machine i have had problems with it, here are the specs: intel pentium M 1.86GHz, 1024 GB ram, 80 gig hd, ati x700 and thats about it, but the laptop will freeze whenever i am typing in word, i can type in wordpad all day and nothing will happen, but word always freezes and the screen goes black, then sometimes it will flicker and come back or it will just restart, if i continue to type in word when i comes back then it will go into software rendering and say that i need to restart, but the funny thing is i can play half-life 2 for hours with all of the graphics all of the way up and it wont freeze, so i am really confused. i ordered a new laptop and the new one does the same thing, i tried installing the microsoft word trial, just in case it was something with my version of word, but that did not do anything...i have reformated and re-installed everything, removed and reinserted the ram...nothing has worked, open to any ideas, also in the system properties under the ram it says "Physical Address Extension" just wondering what that means, thanks for the help in advance!

ps. here is the error message that i get sometimes after it freezes
VPU Recover was unable to fully recover from a hardware deadlock, and has switched to software rendering. To restore hardware rendering, you must restart your computer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.