Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I have a big problem. I have word file and transfer to HTML file. There is everything OK browse by IE, but the font, paragraph & bulletin is different from original by using netscape 4.x. Can someone help me? The main point is:

1. Word file to Html
2. View properly by using Netscape 4.x (MUST)

Why there is big different between using IE and Netscape? Oh! Please help!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
What always works for me is to save the document as plain text (.txt), which strips out any formatting that the .doc has. Then copy and paste the text into an html editor that is independant of both Microsoft and Netscape.

Not being clever enough to write html I use a 'what you see is what you get' type web editor (I use Namo WebEditor5) where all the tags and html formatting get put in for me.

The only thing that needs to be done once the text is pasted into the editor is to adjust paragraph and word spacings a bit.

When the html document is then saved it usually looks the same in both Netscape and IE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can help you with this if you show me the html file so I can view the source and compare it in different browsers. Please send me the web page URL (if it can be viewed online) or send it to me as an e-mail attachment to:
[email protected]
If possible, also send me the original Word file.
After looking at your HTML, I can answer your questions in more depth and help you with the code. (You may need to use stylesheets to ensure that your page displays properly accross different browsers and platforms..).
I will help you find the easiest solution!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.