Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

The PC is XW4400 HP Workstation.

I am writing on a subject and saved to a CD-RW disk. When I click to 'SAVE' I get the message, 'Word cannot save or create this file. Make sure that the disk you want to save the file on is not full, write-protected or damaged (D:\...\dd)

But next time I tried to save to the same disk a message says ' You cant save here. Please choose another location'.

Any advice please.

Thank you.

Listone :thumb:

·
Networking Team |Tech
4,117 Posts
Hi there,

Try copying the file from your CD-RW disk and paste it onto the desktop area of your computer. Then open the duplicate file you saved onto your desktop, modify it, and see if your file is able to save.

Hope everything works out well for you.

·
Networking Team |Tech
4,117 Posts
Hi there,

Yes, I second the USB flash drive. A USB flash drive works way way better than a CD-RW disk.

·
Registered
40,945 Posts
CD-RW discs can be re-Written but there are several caveats.
A brand new CD-RW does not need to be formatted for first use. After you have written to a CD-RW disc, you can Save to the disc again, but not with the same file name because the original file is still on there and it cannot be overwritten. If you want to Eject the disc and play it in another computer, then you will have to Finalize the disc, or it will not read in any other drive or computer except the drive it was created on. To Reuse a CD-RW disc, you would need to Format (erase) it.
If you are going to be editing files and saving them to an external device, we suggest a USB Flash Drive or HDD as these can be edited and saved to, and overwritten, much like a larger Floppy disk without the restrictions of a CD-RW disc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.