Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with Word 2002 ever since someone installed Word 2000 over the top of it and then I had to restore office XP.

The main problem I am having is that the Standard toolbar buttons that are visible are blank. Sounds strange but I have a long row of blank buttons that when you hover over the top with cursor they indent but don't do anything. I can however click on the drop down arrow at the end of the row and see the correct standard toolbar icons.

I know the easiest way to fix this would be to reinstall or repair word but that no worky. After completly uninstalling the entire Office XP suite my settings come back the same. I have also tried deleting the registry setting for Office 10 under HKEY_current_user and HKEY_users. Even after doing that and reinstalling word the settings are the exact same. Microsoft Office is like the Borg.

I am having other minor anoyances as well with the program ever since the person who I am not happy with downgraded the suite.

How the heck can I remove all traces of Office XP and start over from scratch?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured it out. I restored the toolbar to the normal.dot by right clicking the toolbar, customize, select the standard toolbar, click the reset button.

For some reason there were more than a dozen blank buttons in the standard toolbar and could not be removed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.