Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my problem is that i can't get my xfx geforce 6800Ultra 512MB to go into windows after the boot screen.It's connected to an optoma H31projector with a Vga Cable and DVI adapters on both projectorend of cable and computer end of cable.When i logon to windows for the first time after the installation of windows mce 2005 it works fine, but no driver. When i install the nvidia driver and restart , it passes the boot sequence and goes blank.When i logon to safe mode,it works.I tried the projector on another computer with the same specs and got the same result.Please note that when i plug in an LCD monitor , it works perfectly with and without the projector hooked to the other port. Please acknwoldege soon.

Spes on Computer:
D915GAV intel mother board
3.2 ghz LGA 775 Processor
4Gigabytes of GeIl ram
4 x 400 gb segate barracaudahard drives
XFX geforce 6800 Ultra 512 Mb
Creative live audigy2 platinum pro
Linksys wireless G Wireless network adapter
Hauppauge dual tuner Card
PSU 650W

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I'm afraid I don't have any projector experience but when the Windows screen goes black at that point in the boot sequence it usually means that Windows is trying to set a screen resolution or refresh rate which is too high for the monitor. When most monitors are set to too high a value they turn off or display a "signal out of range" message. If you haven't installed the .INF file for the projector then Windows could be using a setting which is too high for the projector. I've also seen Windows use too high a setting when some monitors are recognized as a "plug and play" monitor although I don't know why it happens (it shouldn't!). The projector's manual doesn't give much technical info other than to say that it is limited to 1280X1024 resolution so I'm not sure what it's maximum refresh rate is.

Have you tried connecting the LCD panel as your primary monitor and then connecting your projector on the other DVI output as the secondary monitor? Then you could run Windows on the LCD panel and try various screen resolutions on the projector to see which ones it can handle. You already know it can handle 640X480 at 60Hz because that's the value it uses in safe mode.

By the way, that's a pretty serious piece of hardware you've got there. Your video card alone has the same amount of RAM as the computer I'm typing this on. And your video card's GPU probably has way more raw processing power than my CPU (1.2GHz Athlon).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.