Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again ! just got my last set of problems sorted out {replaced the RAM} and wham hit again :sad: Just put in a brand new 512 ddr and was working away for about an hour when it hung' in the end I had to pull the power lead out of the machine as it would not turn off any other way. Now when I try to boot up I get power lights for HD but no power seems to be going monitor or mouse {mouse lights up when machine is powered up normally} I cant do anything with it have tried changing the RAM again but no joy, I'm even having to use another computer to ask for help ! :4-dontkno any help would be great please.
Henry

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, I'm not sure if I completely understand what you're saying, but it looks like you fried your motherboard to me.

Do you have any spare components you can swap in?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok got a 256 card and changed slot and it works!!! wish I knew why :4-dontkno how do I clear CMOS by the way ?
thanks for the help guys
Henry

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

First of all, don't clear CMOS if there is not a problem. However, if you ever need to, there is a little jumper on the motherboard that you simply move from pins one and two, to pins two and three. Let is set for about ten minutes and move it back and then you are good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.