Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Intel 955 Express system running XP Pro with all the updates. On this system I have my local network with 2 Direct TV HR20 High defenition Receivers with networking and media sharing enabled. I am using WMP11 as my streaming software. When I use my Intel Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz with Hyperthreading processor, I can detect the HR20s in WMP11 and I can successfully stream JPG and MP3 to the HR20s. I can actually stream to both simultaneously. If I swap out the Intel Pentium 4 for my Intel Pentium D dual core 3.4 Ghz, WMP11 does not see the HR20s and I am unable to stream any data. My Dell laptop with a mobile Pentium 1.8 Ghz and WMP11 also connects correctly and streams data as expected. I have tried just about everything, WMP11 uninstalls, disabling HT and VT, forcing the D to use only one core etc. but I still can not connect when it is installed. I swapped the processors at least six times and get the same results, P4=connect, P D=no connect. I haslo have the latest BIOS for this sysetm (2 weeks old). Any thought on what can be happening wil be appreciated.

Thanks
azarby

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.