Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got this new wireless USB adapter called Belkin Wireless USB Network Adapter. Installed the software, did everything I was supposed to do & for some reason, every time I use it to connect to the internet, this little error screen pops up about every 60 seconds saying; WLanCfgG.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
Please tell microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
To see what data this error report contains, click here.
Then it gives me the option to send error report or not. I've tried both.
I've tried uninstalling and installing everything numerous times. The error report tells me nothing, except that by sending the report they will try and fix the problem but that hasn't happend.
I'm running out of options... The only thing that just kinda temporarily fixes it and buys me a little more time is, instead of closing out of the error pop-up and having it return in 60 seconds, if I just move the pop-up to the bottom of the screen, it gives me about 4-5 minutes before another one pops up.

I really hope all of this makes sense... Im not completely familiar with all the computer terms and what not yet, but Im learning.
Sorry, but this is pretty much the best way I could explain what's happening. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Have you tried not using Belkin's Software? Uninstall their software, and then insert your network card. If it needs a driver, let it search your Belkin CD for the driver. Once that is done, there should be a witeless icon on the taskbar by the clock. Click it to choose what connection to connect to. Ender in your network key and off you go.

Let me know if it helps
BMR777

·
Registered
13 Posts
As an alternative you could search Belkin's website and see if there is an updated vesion of your driver available for download. If either of these solutions work let us know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tried it

I did try uninstalling the software and letting it search the cd itself, but it didn't work. Everything seems to download and install just fine, but as soon as it finds the connection it immediately pops up with that error and doesn't stop the entire time im connected.

I have not tried going to the website for updates yet. Will try now.
Thnx A lot

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fixed

Went to the website, dwnlded proper software & fixed the poblem thnx so much! :smooch:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.