Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have to pick western digital or seagate.......

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Which ever I get my hands on first. :D Never had a problem with IBM, but when I send back Maxtors I usually get a good jump in hard drive size when they come back. :D.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
IMO, there is no right or wrong choice. All of the major manufacturers have had good years and bad years as far as quality goes. I shop on price, warranty, and performance. Now that many of the standard drives have only a 1 year warranty, I look a bit closer at the WD-SE models with the 8mb cache and the three year warranty. Fastest IDE drive I've used, and a better warranty too. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
i think it's mostly a matter of which is priced the best when im looking for a new one. my latest drive was a 120 gig maxtor 7200 rpm all because for 10$ more, i could up it from 5400 rpm on a wd to a 7200 on a max. my oldest drive is a seagate and i've got to say it's the most reliable...then again it's only 1 gig and with os's nowadays, thats completely and utterly useless for win machines, altho i'm goin to be puttin together a linux box soon on an old piece of junk so that might come in handy.

all in all i used to think that the rpms didnt mean _that_ much but when i moved up from storing everything on a 5400 to a 7200, it's definitely noticeably faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.