See if I have this right.
1. The T1 is connected to your Netopia Router
2. The router is DHCP capable and will issue IP addresses
3. How many addresses or the range were configured for DHCP to give
out? You need this info so you do not get a IP address conflict.
4. Your Netgear Switch is connected to the Router, which port.
5. The Netgear Switch has 24 ports
6. Your whole house is wired with CAT5 cabling.
7. Since the whole house is hardwired, why do you need wireless? Just a
8. To setup the wireless router, remove it, the Access Point, and the pc
from the network and then log into the router to set it up. You DO NOT
want DHCP enabled on the Access Point, if you do the Access Point may
issue the same IP address to a pc that the router does. You should be
able to get an IP address from the router through the Access Point.
9. Connect the Access Point to your switch or router.
I suggested the Access Point not give out IP addresses, you would have to configure the DHCP scope on both the router and Access Points if DHCP were enabled on both of them and they cannot overlap or duplicate.
Let us know.