Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my wireless router to be able to play online games such as CounterStrike. Has anybody tried the newer routers that advertise gaming ability without getting pinged off the system? D-link and Linksys both are advertising NEW and imporved wireless routers that can handle online gaming.

Hope to hear from some first hand expeirences.

Thank you
Robert
:4-dontkno

·
Registered
283 Posts
have you seachered for some review in google? umm yeha i need a wireless router that don't lag me too i play cs or try to play cs but i lag everytime i shoot i don't know why so lame.

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Wireless connections are slower than wires, they're half-duplex, and subject to interference from other sources. Wireless in it's current state will never work as well as wired connections, especially for time sensitive applications like games. An excellent connection with 802.11g might yield close to 30mbit/sec throughput vs. any old wired connections at 100mbit/sec throughput. Do the math.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Agreed. This is especially true if you ever plan to host any LAN parties. Your guests would probably think you are crazy. This is why i'm all about the wired, baby. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.