Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a wireless router as a gift. Currently I have a wii, xbox 360, and 2 computers connected by cables to my router. Im pretty sure the wii is wireless ready and the xbox is not. But how do I know if the computers are ready, and if not do need to intall a new card on them or what? Computers are both about 2 years old. Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
TSF Emeritus
20,461 Posts
Hi Itys and welcome to TSF,

Are your computers desktop and a laptop? Laptops should have an integrated wireless ethernet adapter. For your desktop, you should have an integrated network adapter. You may find out what type of ethernet adapter you have checking the Device Manager of your Computer.

Right click My Computer => Properties => Hardware tab => Device Manager => here you may find your Network Adapters expand it by cling the + sign. The wireless adapter shd be visible.

You're desktop comp can be directly connected to the Router by using an ethernet cable and it shd be included in your Router's box. If you are going to use the desktop comp to access wireless internet and there's no wireless ethernet adapter that came with it, you may buy a USB wireless ethernet adapter, here's an example => http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-ME1001...8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259552754&sr=8-8

I hope that this is helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.