Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Wondering if you can help me here.

I have a laptop and I want to print to my printer, wireless. (So, if I am in my bedroom, I want to be able to print documents to my printer which is located in the lounge room).

My laptop has a wireless adapter inside it.

My printer is connected to a wireless router with a cable, and my Laptop connects to the wireless router via the wireless adapter of course.

However, my laptop doesnt recognise any printers. Why is this? What am I doing wrong? If my printer is connected via a cable to the wireless router, and my laptop is recieving signals from the wireless router, then why won't it automatically recognise my printer? Is there some sort of set up process I need to go through?

Please help!

· Registered
2,987 Posts
u will need the gateway ip
usually something around the lines of 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or somtimes 192.168.254.1 it depends on the router. if you can post the router info or you can look in the status of ur wifi and it will tell u the gateway ip wich is your router.

· Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,618 Posts
You need to install the print drivers for the network printer before you can print to it. The instructions should have come with the printer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.