Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question concerning wireless network security.

I have a wireless router and the only thing using the router is a laptop computer. This evening, I went to amazon.com. The webpage showed that an unknown person had logged into amazon using my laptop. The problem is, absolutely no one had physically accessed my laptop. I was under the impression that sites such as amazon used cookies to track who logged into their site.

I am a newbie when it comes to wireless networking. Is there a possibility that someone has accessed my wireless network to access amazon (and who knows what else)? Like I said, I was under the assumption that Amazon tracked returning customers by using cookies and not by using IP addresses. Or could this have just been a screwup on Amazon's end?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to what I see, it says it is Security Type: WPA2-PSK and Radio Type 802.11n.

The router is a Cisco Valet.

Could it be a case of Amazon messing up on the cookie? From what very little I know, everything looks like it is secure.

Thanks in advance for your patience in replying to me. I am a huge novice when it comes to wireless networks, etc.

Thanks! :4-cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.