Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a new lap top and im trying to access the internet but have unfortunatley forgotten the wireless network key. my set up at home is as follows:

1. I have a Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL Router connected to my home pc via an ethernet cable.

2. I have a DLink AirPlus G 2.4Ghz WAP box connected to the Linksys router via an ethernet cable which provides my wireless access at home.

My new lap top finds my wireless network but i simply can not remember the wireless network key. any suggestions as to how i can retrieve the current network key for the wireless network or maybe reset it to something new? I just keep getting the "limited or no connectivity" message when hovering over my wireless icon. when i access the Linksys router admin page via 192.168.1.1 there is no option to access wireless network key settings. how i access the DLink Airplus wireless box settings?

Can anyone please help as im really strugling here and dont really know what im doing.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but where do i set the new password though when i click the reset button on the back of the box?? i dont know how to get to the admin screen of the wireless settings?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think this is the problem, for some reason (im probably doing something wrong) but i dont seem to be able to get to that admin screen the user manual and you are referring to.

192.168.0.50 in my browser gives me a page cant be displayed message and 192.168.1.1 takes me to the linksys cable/dsl router admin screens on which there is no reference to wireless network settings? im doing this on my desktop pc which is connected to the linksys router via cable which is connected to the wireless dlink box via a cable. does that sound right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the lap top is new, and im trying to get connected to the internet on the new lap top via the wireless network that is already set up.

im doing all of this on the desktop pc which is connected to the internet via the ethernet. sorry if im not describing this very well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im sorry but i just dont understand. i have tried the reset button on the back of the DLink wireless box but this doesnt seem to have changed anything. on my lap top the wireless connection still says "limited or no connectivity" and i can not see where or how i access the "set up page" to re enable the wireless security??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok but when i remove the wire between the linksys router and the Dlink WAP and connect the DLink WAP directly to the laptop using the wire then i no loner have a connection to the net as the wireless is disconnected therefore on the lap top if i open a browser and key in 192.168.0.50 i get the page cant be displayed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i can get to the set up page for Linksys cable router via 192.168.1.1 but this doesnt have any details about wireless settings. therefore i presume there is a setup page for the wireless DLink WAP box, but i dont know how or where to access this set up page from? typing 192.168.0.50 in the address bar of a browser of the lap top or desktop just gives me a page cant be displayed all the time.

Unfortunatley i cant find the set up disk for the Dlink WAP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes i do, and using my old lap top i can still access the internet using the wireless network. however, even on my old lap top i still cant access the wireless network settings screen. i can just simply browse the net with the existing wireless network settings but have no idea how i can edit them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.