Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I started getting an issue with my wireless mouse. It connects via USB Type A to my laptop. Random times, my keyboard stops functioning and i just wondered what it was. At first, I had no clue so i just waited several minutes and then the keyboard starts working. So then one day I thought, let me take out the USB Type A plug and that resolves the issue. I remember from old day issues that anytime one connects an external device that it can cause issues. So what can I do to resolve this if at all?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok this is weird now...it turns out the keyboard (internal connected to laptop) stops intermittently even if the USB is not hooked up. So this is a computer related issue?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a laptop I am talking about. I am talking about the built in keyboard that intermittently stops working, 1st thought it was due to the external mouse connected but now think it is the built in keyboard itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I understand. The keyboard is connected to the motherboard via a cable internally. Sometimes that connection can loosen. If you are comfortable opening the laptop, it should be a simple matter to check the connection.

If you want to run a simple check to give you a better idea if it is hw or sw related, you can boot to safe mode and see if the problem continues. If it does, it is almost certainly a hw issue and we're back to checking the cable connection as a first step.

·
Registered
5 Posts
With respect John, it's the most likely cause of the problem. Though I do agree that if the OP is not comfortable opening the case it's best left to someone who is. Anyway, if you prefer to jump in I'll defer and bow out. I'm new to this forum (though far from new to support forums ;) ) and certainly don't want to cause any problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts