Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have a few questions about wireless mouse/keyboards.

1. How much should I expect to spend?

2. Are they worth it?

3. Are there any brands I should avoid?

Thanks

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
xDRx said:
Hi all,

I have a few questions about wireless mouse/keyboards.

1. How much should I expect to spend?

2. Are they worth it?

3. Are there any brands I should avoid?

Thanks
Hi,

I have had several of these and can tell you the most certainly are worth every penny. What I would tell you is to be sure to get a unit that has a self charging mouse, so you don't have to keep putting batteries in the darn thing, you just charge them when you use it. When you buy, don't settle for anything but an Optical unit.

Presently, I have the Logitech 700 and it is great. In the past, I have had several of the Microsoft duo (mouse and keyboard), but none match the performance and features of the Logitech. You just can't believe all the features on the mx700 model that Logitech has. The thing will control (if you choose) your complete computer almost from the keyboard.

You can expect to spend from sixty to one hundred bucks for a top of the line unit. If you watch, the Logitech duo (keyboard/optical mouse-) goes on sale from time to time for about sixty five bucks. That is a great buy since I paid ninty five for mine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Also wondering... What if I just wanted to buy a wireless mouse instead of a combo keyboard/mouse set, how much would that set me back??

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have tried both and my personal pref is no. I play only a couple of games BF1942, and a Battle tank game. but they seemed to drop out on me. so they are sitting on the shelf.
I do have a rechargable optical mouse I have yet to hook up to this pc. I used it for my laptop when traveling and it worked ok. I dont care for the rounded (mouse shaped)feel of it for gaming as it is easy to slip out of my hand.

I got it from Microcenter for under $20

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.