Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a problem with this product, basically what happens is my keyboard wont type anything without me hitting the button about 30 times because the keyboard doesn't respond, also the mouse lags alot. I have had this problem for about 2 days now but before that i have had the keyboard and mouse working to perfection. What could cause this? is there a high probability of it being a hardware problem?

note: after a restart the keyboard will perform fine for a few minutes and the mouse for several hours.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Luk07
You may be experiencing interference between the mouse/keyboard and its receiver from other electrical sources. Try repositioning the receiver in accordance with the instructions...or at least move it around a bit :smile:

You may also be having battery/recharging issues...make sure both items have new fully charged batteries.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both of your points are very good, but i have already replaced batteries in both to check if it was that and they still did the same after a short time. As for interference, i doubt it as my reciever has been in the position it is in now for some time (a year infact) and has had no problems, but thanks for trying, i will try moving it though just in case.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Luk07
If your receiver has remained in the same place for a year, are there any new items in the area that could be causing occasional interference?

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
This is why I refuse to get wireless. Check to make sure that your devices aren't setup tp go into any sort of sleep mode.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Do you have a wired keyboard and mouse you can swap out?
It may not be a problem with the wireless devices at all.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@please, there are NO NEW DEVICES at all.

@ebackhus, no kind of sleep mode at all.

@terrister, i am currently using an old keyboard and mouse which i always keep as spare.

so it seems hopeless :sayno: , i could try reinstalling the drivers, is it possible they may have become corrupt?

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
I don't think it is a driver issue. The drivers for wired and wireless keyboards and mice are the same. When I plug in a wireless keyboard or mouse to a XP computer, they work without changing drivers. All the wireless drivers do are add a couple of extra features.

You are looking at a hardware problem. Either something is interfering with the wireless unit or the unit has just stopped working. Is it still under warranty?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gladly it is still under warranty as it has a lifetime warranty (good ole belkin) but i cant find the reciept, do you think i can still try?

fyi, the devices still work just not very well at all.... :4-thatsba

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it is time to contact them.
By 'them' do you mean dixons (the shop i got it from) or do you mean belkin (the manufacturer)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok thanks guys, i will try it on monday

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.