Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Netgear DG834Gv2 ADSL Router that I use to connect to the internet on my laptop. I've been using it for a year without a problem, but recently my internet connection has been repeatedly dropping every 30 seconds or so even though the wireless itself is still connected.

I have noticed that when this happens the Internet Gateway in Network Connections is disappearing, then reappearing.

I haven't really done anything to the laptop that I imagine would cause this. I have disabled my firewall, restarted my router etc. but nothing seems to solve the problem.

My laptop is a Packard Bell Easynote and the operating system is Windows XP SP2.

Help would be greatly appreciated,
Josh.

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
Well, the Internet Gateway actually doesn't belong there unless you're using ICS, which you shouldn't have with a router. In Network Properties, make sure ICS is disabled. Also, what services and protocols do you have installed in Network Properties?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would ICS be Internet Connection Sharing?

I'm not really much of a computer wizz so I don't know what services and protocols I have installed.

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
How about the other question:

Also, what services and protocols do you have installed in Network Properties?

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
Control Panel, Network Connections, Local Area Connection (Properties), and tell me what's in the window.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Client for Microsoft Networks
File and Printer Sharing For Microsoft Networks
QoS Packet Scheduler
PPPoEWin Protocol (Win2000/XP only)
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
Disable (uncheck) the PPPoEWin Protocol (Win2000/XP only) protocol in network properties and see if that changes anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, doesn't change a thing.

Sometimes when I use the Windows Live Messenger troubleshooter it says "Your DNS Server Appears To Resolve IP Addresses"

I don't exactly know what this means or how to fix it, anybody have any ideas?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.