Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a really good program that manages my wireless network. meaning that it tells me when someone is trying to connect to my connection and other good features. plus like a network map to show all the wireless and ethernet connections. thanks for ur helpp in advance

nothing like opmanager or network magic: i dont them

thanks again!!!

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
51,821 Posts
I think you're dreaming the impossible dream. Of course, for anyone to even try to help, you'd have to supply details about the network and all the equipment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i am not sure now what to say. but my router is a Zyxel and i have 2 computers. one connected through ethernet and one wirelessly. but latley my internet connection have been going down slowy as something or someone has been using my wireless connection. and like i said i want a program that can monior thoughs types of information

any free sofware would help. but if i have to buy it that will be okay depending on the program!

thank you in advance

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
51,821 Posts
What kind of encryption do you use on the wireless link? If you use WPA or WPA2 with a strong random key, nobody is tapping in on the wireless connection. If you aren't using encryption, that's the FIRST thing to configure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a wpa encryption and it is strong but i still want a program to use. any very good program will help!! thanks

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
51,821 Posts
Well, nobody is connecting through the wireless, I would bet money and give you odds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.