Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a wireless hdmi thing to transmit my pc's sound and visual to my tv. tv is 15 feet away and through like a foot of drywall. looking through amazon but i'm not sure what i need besides wireless hdmi. could i get some suggestions?

· Registered
275 Posts
If it is a W10 or W11 it should have a feature called screen casting…if your TV is a Smart TV connected to your same network it should show up on your laptop in your devices or Bluetooth panel (I know it doesn’t use Bluetooth for its connectivity method. It uses Wi-Fi or ethernet but for some stupid reason on my laptop that’s where the extended wireless displays are located.). The keyboard shortcut to bring it up. Is the windows logo key and the K.

· Registered
24 Posts
Rather then trying to find a wireless Video controller, put the laptop by the TV and connect with an HDMI cable, then get a Wireless Keyboard and Mouse to control it from wherever in the room. Amazon.com : wireless keyboard with trackpad
If you decide to go this route, I use a mini keyboard similar to this:
Works well and cuts down on a bit of the remote clutter.

· Registered
45 Posts
I use these in the Thrift Store I volunteer at to send movies being played on a laptop in the back of the store through two interior walls about 70 feet to TV's that are on sale in the front. Works great. Sends HDMI wirelessly to the HDMI receiver then into some 1 to 5 amplified splitters to drive multiple TVs. The laptop uses VLC Media Player to randomly play from a selection of 30 movies it has on it's hard drive.

Wireless HDMI Transmitter and Receiver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts