Tech Support Forum banner

Wireless cutting out

860 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  2xg
I'm only posting this as a new thread because my problem is slightly different than that addressed in similar threads, and I see there are (similar threads).

Like several other people here, my wireless connection cuts out every minute or so for about ten seconds and then resets itself. The problem started about a year ago when I began connecting all the time to a new router (at a dormitory overseas, where I was studying). I assumed it was a problem that had to do with that particular network, and it got gradually better over the two semesters I was there, especially when I began shutting my computer all the way down instead of hibernating it.

I've now returned home and am experiencing the same problem on my home network, which leads me to think that it is a problem with my computer.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (unfortunately). I haven't changed anything about it, so everything is on default.

Any help would be very, very appreciated.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
what happens if you use the connection wired?
Hello and Welcome to TSF!

Follow this guide to remove your existing profile then reconfigure it again. Make sure that you type in the correct security key.

=====================
From your wireless computer pls. run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Here's a more detail guide => Double click on the xirrus icon on your desktop of if you have one running in a corner, just click on it. Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached it here, click on Go Advanced and locate Manage Attachments Tab and attached the file.

=====================
Also, updating your router's firmware to the latest version will be helpful.

Please update us.
See less See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.