Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not computer literate. I don't understand most of what techs tell me. I have a laptop that I connect to the internet wirelessly. I have a Netgear router which I am using on another computer right now. I have been having problems with my laptop connecting to the internet and thought it was due to Windows Vista. I installed Windows 7 now and still cannot connect to the internet. I have the Netgear Wireless N Router (WNR834B). Can anyone help me?????

·
Registered
TSF Emeritus
20,461 Posts
Hello and welcome to TSF!

Let us troubleshoot your issue by following these guides:
Have you done a full Power Cycle with a Tech? You may try this before we proceed:
Second: Power cycle your router and modem (have you done this yet?) in this order:
1.Save all your current work, close all open applications, then shut down your computer. Wait for a minute.
2.First, turn your Router off and wait for a couple of minutes.
3.Turn off your modem.
4.Disconnect all the ethernet cables that are connected to the router and modem and the PC.
5.Reconnect them and ensure that there are no loose connections in between them.
6.Now, switch on your PC and let it boot.
7.Switch on the modem first and after it gets initialized, switch on the router.

If you've done a few troubleshooting with a Tech and none of those helped you but cause you frustrations, I would recommend for you to buy a USB wireless adapter, maybe your integrated ethernet wireless adapter just went out. Here's a link of diff types => http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=usb+wireless+network+adapter

Pls. update.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.