Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Similar problems

I have been having similar problems with my cable modem/wireless router setup. We have 4, soon to be 5 computers connecting to this wireless network. All are latops except one which is a PC w/ a USB wireless adapter. Just like the original poster, connections seem to break randomly for a few seconds or even a few minutes every 10-40 minutes. I think the problem must be interference but I can't tell why or how to improve it.

The best information I can offer is this: I have my PC/WinXP machine on a desk against a wall in my room with the USB wireless adapter not far away. I use my Mac iBook with Tiger 10.4.2 all around, but interference seems worst when it is on the same desk as my PC. Could having 2 computers in the same room cause unusual interference? Also, I have a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse setup with the PC. I have a TV and an Xbox in the room but they arent necessarily on all the time. Our house has Vonage but I have no phones in my room. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.