Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, I am new to these forums so I would like to thank anyone who reads this and offers ANY help.

I have a belkin 54g wireless router which is secured with the WPA2 -TKIP setting. This wireless router is connected to a Virgin Media Modem via ethernet and thus provides the internet access. I have three laptops which i have configured to connect to this wireless router but I have just bought a PC which runs windows Vista 64 bit. I read up on the countless problems with USB wireless devices and drivers and decided against this. I wanted my PC wireless so decided upon Belkins wireless gaming adapter (Basically an ethernet bridge) which connects to the computer via ethernet and then connects to the router. My problem is that I have used the software disc on a laptop running XP (disc doesn't work on Vista 64 bit) and have entered my networks SSID and I have selected that my network uses the WPA2 - TKIP setting and then I entered the passphrase for the network. The wireless gaming adapter gives my computer a connection but LOCAL only, no internet. i have tried resetting the router, modem and adapter numerous times. I have tried changing the security on the wireless router. I even configured the adapter over WI-fi from a laptop with the adpater plugged directly into the router via ethernet. I have no internet access. I also tried changing settings such as the IP address, gateway and DNS so that they matched the settings of the router (par the IP of the adapter). My problem is I am absolutly stumped to what is wrong, to the point where I could literally tear my hair out. If anyone could help me I would be very grateful indeed. Please bear in mind that Vista will 100% not run the Belkin disc it came with and that my knowledge of Wireless networking is not that brilliant.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.