Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my computer is getting really really slow right now..... and i was wondering if there is a way to make your computer just like the way when u first bought it. I mean like to erase everything and start over cause i don't know wuts wrong with it.

also i installed a graphics card, and added some RAM .....so will i have to reinstall these if i do wipe my computer?

btw i have a windows xp home edition.

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Hi Asian Power..welcome to TSF,

first question: do you have a Windows XP installation disc or a Restore Disc?

If you do, then yes you can restore the Pc back to how it was originally which should solve your problems. As for the graphics card/RAM..you will not need to physically reinstall either, all you will need to do is install the drivers for the graphics card when you format and reinstall Windows.

However, the problems you're having may be fixable by doing a little 'housework'. By that I mean, running a few scans to check for any malware, delete all the cluttered up cached files which may be impacting on performance, defragging the hard drive etc etc so you may want to bear that in mind too as formats and reinstalls can be a bit labourous depending on the amount of programs, games, updates etc you intend to install again. Though periodic formats/reinstalls do help with performance.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so how do i run scans on my computer? will i have to buy some program?

and can someone list a few things that might slow my computer down?

thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.