Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Got a friends desktop running WinXP home edition. He shut it off before going to work this morning and all was fine. Returned this afternoon went to crank it and nothing. The only thing that happens is it goes to the bios screen then to win boot screen then back to bios screen.

I tried going to safe mode and it ran all the file names and nothing.

It does not say any files are corrupt or anything.

I know SP1 is installed not sure about SP2. I have no winXP cd as I am on temporary duty away from my house.

MB is an ASUS P5ND2-SLI
Vidcard is GEForce 6800/256M
Ram- 1Gig

Any suggestions that would allow a fix without losing all his data would be greatly appreciated.

Fist

·
Banned
268 Posts
Hey all,

Got a friends desktop running WinXP home edition. He shut it off before going to work this morning and all was fine. Returned this afternoon went to crank it and nothing. The only thing that happens is it goes to the bios screen then to win boot screen then back to bios screen.

I tried going to safe mode and it ran all the file names and nothing.

It does not say any files are corrupt or anything.

I know SP1 is installed not sure about SP2. I have no winXP cd as I am on temporary duty away from my house.

MB is an ASUS P5ND2-SLI
Vidcard is GEForce 6800/256M
Ram- 1Gig

Any suggestions that would allow a fix without losing all his data would be greatly appreciated.

Fist
Restart your computer,and then press f 8during the initial startup to start your puter in safe mode with a command prompt.

Type or paste the following command at a command prompt,and then press ENTER %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Follow the instructions that appear to restore the pc to an earlier date.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried all that but didn't work so I borrowed an XP disk after I couldn't get it running. Seemed like it was stuck in a loop and it wouldn't go into any safe mode. It's fixed now though thanX.

Fist

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.