·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People, this is driving me nuts:

Win XP Pro SP2 = Host
Win 2K SP4 = Client
3 Network connections:
a - ISP PPoE (ISP in Brazil, requires authentication)
b - Local Area Connection 1 (DSL network access provider. Does not require authentication
c - Local Area Connection 2 - crossover cable connected fro host's nic to client's nic

1- I successfully shared internet and files between the client and a laptop that was reformatted and had Win 2k installed on it.

2 - Host never failed to connect to internet.

3 - A new PC was being reconfigured and it is presenting the following symptoms of demonic possession:

If ICS is ENABLED (on the PPoE connection), I am not able to see the client from the host nor the host from the client (aboth show only themselves in the network places folder), client has NO internet access, Local Area Connection 1 (the crossover cable) shows FULL connectivity.

If ICS is DISABLED on host, I am able to see client from the host and vice-versa (both machines show on the network places folder), client has NO internet access, Local Area Connection 1 (the crossover cable) shows NULL OR LIMITED connectivity.

Either way, host HAS internet access (unless I drstically change IP settings and screw it up).

I have tried manually setting client's IP to 192.168.0.1
Host is set up automatically.
Tried to set host to gateway 192.168.0.1.

I need an exorcist now....

Tanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.