Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two months ago I went to use a system restore file, which evidentally somehow had become corrupted, and instead of restoring my settings to an earlier time it completely knocked out windows xp from my computer. Well, nearly completely. It's now stuck to a point where I cannot figure out how to remove and reload (alot of the programs have been knocked out, I cannot access add/delete progs, control panel, paint, calculator ect. but still able to navigate files by using win task manager and browsing for them)

I have my winxp backup disc, which when run from task manager says it cannot install winxp because there is a newer version on my HD, but I cannot figure out how to dump my old version so I can install a new.

This problem wasnt such a big issue since I could still access most of my files (in other words play my games and dink around on the web) and I was content to let it go, but since my recent move and cleaning of tower inside I have been experiencing freezing and random rebooting as well, I thought it might have been because the cpu was set to a higher speed than its supposed to, but the lowest avail setting it still occurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.