Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

So, on my setup a couple days ago, I had two HDDs. Both NTFS, but only the master drive had XP on it.

I got a virus and had to reformat the master drive. I copied a bunch of backup files to the slave drive, and reformatted the master.

Now, I have reinstalled XP on the master, and tried to get at the files on the slave. No go. Although the second disk shows up in BIOS and in Disk Management, it isn't listed under My Computer. When I right-click in Disk Manager, the only option listed is "delete partition".

Again, this drive is NTFS, and should be recognized. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cables are secure. The drive shows up in disk management, but just doesn't show up in My Computer. I can't access it through a DOS prompt either.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Don't know what it does but if you go into Device Manager I see "scan for hardware changes" when I click my hard drives. Perhaps there is something there that might help.

I think TWEAKUI allows you to hide drives...perhaps it has something that makes them visible too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it.

Apparently there is a known issue with Roxio GoBack that modifies the boot sector so that the drive is not recognized. I had GoBack on my previous configuration.

So I disabled, and it works fine now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Roxio is killing me

How did you get Roxio Go Back off of your drive so that you could access your files?

I had the same situation you describe when putting my slave drive into my new system. I no longer have access to my old computer. Can I load Go Back onto my new system, install my slave drive, and remove it that way?

HELP !!

All of my vital files are on that slave drive !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.