Tech Support banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't believe it! I've got it back! I unplugged the wintv cable from an extender cable and plugged it directly into a usb port on compy and that has worked!

it's loading all channels now, no probs!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have wintv v8.5 installed on my win10 pc. it has ran ok for me for some time now but, just recently, I have lost a couple of channels and I cannot get them back.

I've scanned for channels and it has found everything on my aerial and, for the most part, plays everything (I'm guessing - I haven't checked them all) except ITV and Channel4.

whenever I select those channels, it just displays a black screen. no sound, no picture.

why might that be and how can it be fixed?
I suddenly hit me that perhaps the programming supplier for those channels could reach an arrangement with the programming distributor and those channels were subsequently blacked out.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I suddenly hit me that perhaps the programming supplier for those channels could reach an arrangement with the programming distributor and those channels were subsequently blacked out.
really? seems a bit far fetched but shrug who knows. regardless of that, I have all the channels playing under v.10 :) so that's ok!

the distributor/supplier can bicker among themselves and leave me out of it! :p hehe

·
Registered
2 Posts
really? seems a bit far fetched but shrug who knows. regardless of that, I have all the channels playing under v.10 :) so that's ok!

the distributor/supplier can bicker among themselves and leave me out of it! :p hehe
Haha! I fully agree with all. But those things DO happen, and not just in closed-cast commercial TV. SO, it's a thought. I wish they'd leave us out of EVERYthing myself. Glad it's working

21 - 25 of 25 Posts