Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why the wingman Dpad isn't as responsive on some first person games, like "vietcong" or "Alien vs. Predator" ? For example on these two games, you press foward and it works ok, and you strafe left or right, then try to go foward again, and it won't respond, unless you take your thumb off of the Dpad and press foward again. It seems to happen with these two games and also "painkiller". Other FPS games it works fine, and I do have it configured for FPS games.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
Hi theda8, welcome to TSF

Have you tried opening the controller and seeing if there is any dirt in the D-pad? if it's sticky or dirty in any way that can interfere with the responsiveness.

Also, is this the gamepad you are talking about?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I didn't mention which Wingman I was using. It is the Wingman Cordless. I don't believe it would be a physical issue with the controller as it works flawlessly with most FPS games, just those three mentioned and another using the "Painkiller" engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ Mcninjaguy, I don't use the analog stick, just the Dpad and L1 and L2 buttons.
@ 5niper wolf, wouldn't the dirt affect all games, not just a few? How do you clean the dirt from under the Dpad?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
Well some games may not require much controller input for it to recognize, ergo you can have games where it will be more responsive then others.

To clean the controller contacts, first try removing any dirt stuck between the button and the controller, then take the controller apart and remove any dirt stuck between the button and the circuit board. Usually you need a screw-driver to unscrew the controller, but some you can just snap apart.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just tried Alien vs. Predator and it still does the same thing, yet world of warcraft it works fine. It's just a bit of an annoyance, I can move forward, strafe, but have to lift thumb and click on forward to move ahead, after strafing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's surprising how some, even newer games, like "Painkiller" don't agree completely with the Wingman Cordless D-pad. Heck even games like Doom and Duke Nukem work fine with it. Logitech, back a few years updated their profiler software so that the D-pad would work like the WASD keys without using the diagonal positions, as it messed up how the D-pad would work in FPS games, and like I said, most game it works fine, just some, as previously mentioned. Thanks for trying tho. :)

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
Maybe you should get a Xbox 360 controller. It is antively supported in Windows so it has the best chance working on a PC. I can use my 360 controller with FF7 on PC. The analog stick not the dpad moves that character.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.