Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last couple of days I have been receiving a pop up called Winfixer 2005 and cannot get rid of it and starts to automatically download. I can't close it out or anything. I run my virus scan, adaware and spybot but nothing helps. Could someone help me?

·
Administrator
4,870 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF

Please download HijackThis. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Do not run it yet.

Please download Cleanup! or use this (Alternate Link) if the main link does not work and install it. You will use this later.

Please make sure you run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running.

Download, install,and update Ewido Security Suite
  • Install Ewido Security Suite
  • Launch Ewido, there will be a big E icon on your desktop which you must double-click.
  • The program will prompt you to update so you need to click the OK button
  • The program will take you to the main screen
You must update Ewido with the latest definition files.
  • On the left hand side of the main screen click Update
  • Click on Start
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed. After the updates are installed, exit Ewido

Reboot into Safe Mode by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode, then hit enter.

Run Ewido:
  • Click [Scanner]
  • Click [Complete System Scan] to begin scanning.
  • Click [OK] when prompted to clean files
  • With the first file it prompts to clean, select the option - Perform action on all infections. Choose clean then click [OK].
  • Once finished, click the [Save report] button and save the report to your desktop.
Close Ewido

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from Start > All Programs). Set the program up as follows:

Click Options
Move the slider button down to Custom CleanUp!

Check the following:
  • Empty Recycle Bins
  • Delete Cookies
  • Delete Prefetch files
  • Cleanup! All Users
Uncheck the following :
  • Scan local drives for temporary files

*WARNING* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders and does not make backups. If you have a 64 bit Operating System do NOT run Cleanup and let me know as we will need to use another utility

Click OK, Press the CleanUp! button to start the program and reboot your system in Normal Mode when prompted.

Please do an online scan at Panda ActiveScan

1. Click on the Scan your PC button & a pop up window shall appear. *Ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it*
  2. Click On Next
  3. Enter your e-mail address & click Send. *It will begin downloading Panda's ActiveX controls which are about 8MB in size*
  4. In the next window, & checkmark the following:
    • Disinfect automatically
    • Scan compressed files
    • Scan e-mail files
    • Detect unknown viruses (Heuristic)
    • Detect spyware

5. Begin the scan by selecting All My Computer

You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.

6. If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report. Click on See report
  7. Then click Save report

Open Hijack This and click on Scan, copy the log from Notepad and paste the results of the Panda Scan here together with the HiJack This log.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.