Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This all started three days ago, when someone had infected my computer with a bunch of trojans and spyware. My computer initially had continued to reboot all the time. I cleaned it with Adaware, Spybot, Trend Micro AV and Spyward, and Pandasoft active scan. I had to do this in safe mode, because of the reboot issue. When I tried to boot into normal mode, it just continued to reboot after the black XP screen (not the blue loading preferences screen) and go to the advanced menu screen which gave me the option to boot into safe mode because of improper shut down. The last try, I used the XP CD and instead of the recovery console, I used the setup mode to repair XP. I tried the recovery console way, but didn't know what to do.

I then got stuck at the blue screen (of death?) ----------------------------

Well, I tried using the windows XP cd to enter windows setup to repair it. And it stopped at the blue screen with this:

STOP: 0x0000005,0x81DB42AB,0xF894D150,0XF894CE50).

Looks like I'm stuck here.

I tried to go to the "last known configuration" and it never worked.
Anyways, when I try to go into safe mode, now it's saying that windows setup cannot run in safe mode.

==============================================
I was referred here by POAB...who wrote:

"I take it you are unclear on how to use the Recovery Console?

When you are taken to C: Windows Prompt, type FixBoot which will Write a new boot sector to a selected partition. And likely BOOTCFG... I strenuously suggest that you ask in the Windows Help forum here at TSF for step by step guidance. I'll be honest and tell you that I guessed when I had to use Recovery Console. I had a simular problem as I couldn't boot up - kept getting restarted..

Hope this helps. When the Windows Forum has sorted you out, come back here to complete the cleaning process.

Just ask in the Windows Forum on steps to using Recovery Console to get your computer booted up" - POAB

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can someone help? I've typed in Fixboot and then bootcfg, but don't know what to do next.

·
retired
1,966 Posts
The last try, I used the XP CD and instead of the recovery console, I used the setup mode to repair XP. I tried the recovery console way, but didn't know what to do.
Did you have XP Service Pack 2 installed prior to this incident?
Did you install new hardware or update drivers prior to this incident?

What OS are you using at this time, and do both pc have floppy drives?

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes i have an idea if ur interrested my brother had a computer that did the same thing i tried the xp cd and it also said stop with those numbers and i figured out that i was trying to put the installation on the wrong partition what u need to to do is reinstall windows and make sure u put the installation on the ntfs partition. let me no if u need anymore help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.