Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello....i need help...again...

I've got a system running quite smoothly on xp sp1a, until recently...

here are the symptoms:

on boot up, after the windows xp splash screen, i get an error window saying:

"lsass.exe system error: the endpoint format is invalid" with only an ok button.
when you click ok, the pc just reboots again...this also happens in safe mode, and i can't also run in command prompt only.

so, i read around some forums and found that this may be caused by a sasser worm...i downloaded the symantec removal tool, but i cant execute it from the recovery console (cd boot-up)...

so i just went on to do an installation repair using my cd but the installation did not finish, with an error in one of the DLLs...

I then rebooted and waited until the system displayed "setup being restarted..."

after this, however, the system displays a BSOD with only an binary address as the technical information for the stop, no dll error or anything...

have any of you guys encountered this? any idea on how i can solve this would be much appreciated...

Thanks!...again...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
new development

ey....found a work around to the bsod...however i encountered a new different problem...

when i get to the log-on screen (yes, i can now get to the log-on screen :sayyes: ), i can't log-on any user...

i'm only able to log-on as the administrator in safe mode, with iregularities (sometimes i can start regedit, but sometimes i am not permitted to run it.. :4-dontkno )

here's the error message:

"A problem is preventing windows from accurately cheking the license for this computer". Error code says: 0x80070002...

any of you guys know a work-around on this?

thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.