Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Asus P4C800 Reboots

I have the same problem with my puter rebooting lately.
My System:
P4 3.06 - Asus P4C800 Deluxe
1 gig DDR PC2100
Qaudro 2 FX2000 AGP-pro
Thermal Take Case
300Watt Power supply

The thing is - the system use to run great! With no changes to the hardware or software the system started to reboot in the middle of nowhere. At first I thought it was the memory or video card. So I went out and bought new memory (cheap anyway) and the new Quadro card (I wanted anyway). Still have the same problem. So I decided to rebuild the PC. - I bet your thinking virus huh? Well in the middle of the build (copying files) it rebooted - cant be a virus now! After multiple attempts and several reboots later I got WinXP Pro installed. Well it of coarse rebooted after awhile tring to get windows configured.

So not that leaves me with either its the chip or the motherboard.
Being that I see alot of post about this problem here - Im leading to think it may be the board.

Any thoughts?

· Registered
5 Posts
Found Problem

I checked out the solder, but everything was OK. Going cheap to most expensive - it turned out to be the CPU. Maybe a bad batch? Chip was never overclocked and never had any thermal problems. So who knows -

· Registered
5 Posts
Well basically like I said. I started replacing everyting from cheapest (and most probable) to the more expensive (also, less probable) componants. Now basically I have an identical system of new parts. Everything in my system is original now except the CPU. Which, BTW - is being warrantied by Intel as I write this.

Now before I started to just swap out parts I did try to rebuild the system (thinking it might be that), but while installing the OS (copying files) the system would just reboot itself. So it wasnt the OS at all. After I would change out a part (eg. memory) I would try to install the OS again - (REBOOTED!!) Basically thats how I came to find it was the CPU. Bad batch? Its not the first time from Intel this happened to me either - but its been awhile (P166 days).

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.