·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello
I'm Working under Windows xp SP1
512MB RAM, 2.53Mhz

my computer have a problem that every couple of hours it restarting himself

in the event viewer at the same time as the restart occurred under application: Event ID:4356, Catagory: (52)
Description:"The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{6295DF2D-35EE-11D1-8707-00C04FD93327}. CoGetObject returned HRESULT 8000401A."

another Warning i get all the time every couple of hours under Event Viewer-System is :"The server service was unable to recreate the share Share$ because the directory C:\Share no longer exists. Please run "net share Share$ /delete" to delete the share, or recreate the directory C:\Share."

I notice that under Services the service: COMSysApp - COM+ System Application , is in status stopped, does it related ???

Please help, i have a critical software that works all the time
and the computer keep restarting himself, especially aroung 6,7 Am.

thanks
Nir

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi uhd42,

hmmmm....does the computer restart anytime or does it only restart when your doing a certain task such as playing games? surfing the web?

also have you installed or uninstalled any softwares recently??

first, the easiest thing to do is to scan your computer for any viruses or spywares. i recommend good spyware utilities such as spybot and adware. a really good anti-virus program is AVG which works really great. if you download these programs and install them, make sure you update them first before running them.

try also performing a "chkdsk /r" on your computer and see if that helps. bootup the computer to your windows xp cd. then on the main choose repair instead of install, hit enter to skip the password section if you dont have one.

then on C: type in "chkdsk /r" without the "". also make sure there is a space between chkdsk and /r.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re

first of all thanks for your help,
the computer only job is to act like a server by sending a data through a TCP/IP network withing the company,the only software that are running on the computer is called "Redirector" by Lantronix , that send the data to a virtual com : com3, com5 etc. by IP address ,after a while the problem returns: the computer restart himself and the errors i indicate above

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.