Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone!!

I don know this question is sensitive , or will break the international law or not. Please forgive me to post at here.

This question is about the windows XP product activation. Before, i using windows XP home(having original CD) but now I already upgrade to WinXP Professional (having non-original CD means that burn from other CD). Here is the problem, the Windows XP Pro CD I have is not the original one , so I'm facing problem that the icons always appear to remind that only remain 60days to activate the product. And then, and also required access to internet for activation(very annoying). but useless... >>>show "invalid product key"

So I try to type the Home edtion's original product key, but still useless, and show that "invalid product key" (may be original product key was already used in XP home before I upgrade it to WinXP Pro, is me right?)

So what will happened to PC after the 60days already pass, unable to use WinXP ? Any ideas to activate it ?

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

I am sorry to report to you that upgrading from WinXP Home with a legitimate disk and then upgrading to WinXP Pro with a copied (illegal) disk is not legal and does break the law. This can have legal ramifications.

Therefore, we are not able to assist you with any of these questions or to provide answers for an illegal operation on this forum. Thread Closed.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Tumbleweed has it right. The best we can say is:

Back up your data, boot to your legal XP Home cd, format, and do a clean install XP Home again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.