Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my old Geforce 2 in my dad's computer a few days ago and then remembered yesterday I should change the bios to enable 4x..

After doing so the monitor would not turn on. I then needed to reset the bios/cmos. I pulled up the jumper and put back on to reset. NOw when I boot it up , the white bar for windows xp slides across and then it just freezes there at the end.. I tried resetting the cmos again and got the same result. I took out the gf2 card and still no difference I hope I didn't mess the mobo up.. thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Try starting in safe mode and see if it will boot. Keep pressing F8 at the beginning of the boot process.

Look in the bios and see if plug & play operating system is enabled, If it is try disabling it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry I did try it in safe mode too.. it wouldn't start that way either.. I even disconnected most of my cards, cd-roms.

any other bios setting that could of cause this? or is my mobo possibly fried somehow..

thanks for your time

S

·
0 Posts
After clearing the cmos you need to go thru the bios and check all of your settings. Hard drive an such to make sure it's being detected properly.

You can boot to your XP CD and do a repair. I have never done this but I have seen it there. Just be careful with what you select.

Try putting it back to 2X.......:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.